WE BELIEVE IN THE POWER OF STORY
We believe in the transformative potential of experiences.
William x Alexandra is the studio of Alexandra Rautionmaa and William Etundi Jr.
We produce events in New York City. Our mission is to create experiences that transform the moment, turning a poetic narrative into visual landscapes that are immersive, visceral, and infinitely shareable.
If you are seeking a project that is built with heart, passion, and global ambition, this is it.
To apply to join our founding team, please read the following job descriptions closely and be as specific as you can in your application. We look forward to hearing from you.
Social Media Director
We're looking for a Social Media Director, to join our founding team. This person will own multiple projects, inspire our audience, and illustrate the mission and aesthetic of William x Alexandra. This person will have a solid understanding of how each social media channel works and how to optimize content so that it is always engaging. Our main goal is to gradually build a deep level of audience engagement and expand our brand and following through these social channels. Specifically, this role will focus on Instagram and work to build a brand narrative through this platform.
What You Will Do
- Lead Creative for social media outlets; focusing on Instagram.
- Work directly with the founders/creative team on a strategy to create an annual projection for Instagram.
- Generate a social media visual strategy by observing competitive research and researching aesthetic inspiration.
- Responsible for asset acquisition from our photographers, art direction, design, optimization and management of all social branding assets. Includes social posts, social ads, videos, animated gifs, and all other social media creative.
- Responsible for visual strategy calendar.
- Responsible for video editing for social platforms.
- Will collaborate with the creative directors on broad themes and copy.
- Must ensure a high level of excellence in all creative work produced, making sure execution is consistent, cohesive and stays on-brand.
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies.
- Regularly review competitor profiles to ensure highest creative executions.
- 3-5 years experience in social media with strong sense of fashion/luxury aesthetic. We are an event brand with a fashion aesthetic.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate an understanding of website usability/web optimization of assets
- Ability to translate brand concepts into clear, customer-friendly assets
- Must have an understanding of visual communication and an eye for brand aesthetics
- Passion and understanding of social media, digital, photography, and marketing best practices
- Must be comfortable with Art Direction for shoots
- Must be extremely detail-focused
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced creative environment
- Must be comfortable working with various teams, and collaborate effectively
- Maintain a positive, enthusiastic and energetic demeanor to help foster an upbeat working environment
- Must be extremely self-motivated and proactive
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, including Illustrator and Photoshop, a big plus
- Video editing and After Effects knowledge a plus
- Strong communication skills
- Understanding of analytics a plus
We are looking for someone who wants to grow a brand from the ground up. This isn't only about what we are creating together, this about you growing with us.
Assistant to the Founders
As the Executive Assistant to William & Alexandra, you will play a crucial role in the operations of the company. You will be acting as the right-hand to the Founders as well as working closely with our entire creative team.
In this position, you will be a critical component of keeping us on track to accomplish short and long-term goals. We are seeking a highly adaptable self-starter, open to travel, with superior scheduling management skills, event planning experience, and have an excellent handle on coordination for internal & external communication.
You are the left-brain to our right-brain. We need you to be hyper-organized so that our entire organization can thrive.
What You Will Do
- Proactively coordinate, optimize, manage and organize William & Alexandra's personal and professional calendar(s).
- Manage direct deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting thank you letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate William & Alexandra's ability to direct the company.
- Ensure priorities are managed, and short & long-term requests are thoroughly completed.
- Be a core and flexible part of our team executing the events.
- Manage meeting logistics including booking & preparing rooms, creating & preparing necessary materials, organizing catering, providing conference call details, taking notes, & welcoming guests.
- Coordinate international & domestic travel logistics including flight itineraries, hotel rates & reservations, car services, & international phone plans in accordance with personal travel preferences.
- Manage & submit monthly expense reports.
- Execute day-to-day administrative tasks including placing lunch orders, arranging deliveries, updating contacts, conducting research.
- Support all of the founding team in ensuring deliverables are met.
- Manage the daily operations of the studio.
- Research, ideation, & concept development along with the creative team.
- Assist in developing ideas into concepts into execution. Your opinion is valued.
- Must be based in NYC and desire to work in a fast-paced startup environment that sometimes includes night events
- Must be a highly organized & solutions oriented self-starter
- 2+ years of work experience as an assistant, communications, pr, or event production a plus
- Excellent time management skills,
- Positive, energetic & collaborative team player
- Ability to handle multiple priorities at once & maintain composure in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to work a varied schedule, including occasional weekends
- Proficiency in Slack, Google Calendar, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Drive, & Instagram
- A working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Design skills a plus
This is it. This is how we start. If you come on with us, we will be growing together and this job is just the beginning.